3:30 pm Central Daylight Time, still in the Alpha Centauri system. Must be pretty big, relatively speaking.

Today, it was my turn to "brief" Xavier. And by briefing, I mean tell him practically everything I know about human history. I'm sure I missed a couple of minor details here and there along the way, but that's alright. "Tempus terminal," the main terminal of the ship, automatically uploaded every last bit of data (no matter the security level in place to protect it) from every 'net connected computer on it's approach to Earth. Don't worry, I don't think they're very interested in reading your last IM conversation. Rather, the top priority is to obtain and ascertain our history and culture. But now that I think about it, getting a grasp of our culture might involve reading some of your IM conversations ;-) I guess the secondary objectives at this point are to check out our evolutionary status, and to try to find out what triggered "Dies Bellum Subito," which is the name the Omicrons gave to the day where they lost any form of contact with us 2 billion years ago.

I looked this up on the terminal, and it's a really big deal with these guys. Like a national day of mourning, except national doesn't quite cover the scope of the thing. The Omicrons joined their minds together, every last one of them. And all they would do on this day is try to penetrate the veil separating them from the Epsilon system. And nothing else.

I guess something I need to point out here, is that these people love us. The love of a parent, a sibling, or any other particularly close relative, that's the feeling I've gotten from every Omicron I've encountered, so I'm guessing that's universal with these guys. They lost a part of themselves when they lost us, but like any eternal optimists, they refused to give up hope. I guess it paid off.

So anyways, I laid everything out that I could think of, as Xavier looked over data on his terminal. And for the first time, I sensed a great deal of sadness in him, after I mentioned war. He asked me about it, and I did my best to explain things. What they are, what causes them, etc. He asked, "And there's been more than one of these?" Turns out, the Omicrons have never fought amongst themselves. Not once. Violence, hatred, murder.... these are terms that simply do not exist in their lexicon. I've done quite a bit of terminal digging myself, and it turns out that they have been in what we would consider wars. But in each case I looked up, they were all cases of self defense. They simply didn't have a choice. Defend themselves or face extinction. And in each case, they were deeply saddened and shamed by what they had to do. No pride, pleasure, or profit was derived from it. I only went over this stuff briefly, and I'll have to study it more in detail later, as I'm quite curious to see who these "wars" were against.

All in all, I think there was a lot of stuff that Xavier looked pretty sour over. But nothing seemed to register as much as the mention of senseless violence. Killing in the name of God back in the old days (God doesn't exist, by the way. More on religion at a later time), wars for profit in this day and age, all the way down to killing someone for their shoes, it all seemed to sicken him. And I mean, he literally got pale. I don't think he could comprehend it, and he looked near tears a few times. Given the way these people seem to operate, I guess I can understand that.

And that's really what today was all about. After the dream last week, I'm sure Xavier went back and announced the news. I'm sure they were all beyond thrilled, but also probably realized that they weren't dealing with full fledged Omicrons anymore. So instead of just bringing in a fleet, announcing their presence, and expecting their brethren to welcome them back with open arms, they probably came to the wise conclusion that this would take some time. And effort. And I guess this is the first part of the effort. You all know where I am, and who I'm with. My purpose in this entire thing is that I'm a conduit. A bridge, between them, and you. Anyone back home with internet access can read this, and that's a pretty large potential audience. Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant. This is all very real, and at some point, a plan will be formulated to prove it. Don't take this caution we're using as reason to be afraid, because there's absolutely nothing to be frightened of. But let's face facts here, some people aren't going to particularly like this, no matter how good the intentions are. That's a pretty vague statement, but I'm sure a lot of you can figure it out by reading between the lines.

Again, I'm exhausted. Reciting the history of the world in one day isn't an easy thing to do. I'm gonna go take a dip in the ocean, queue me up some dinner (think I'll eat on the beach tonight, and watch the sunset), and then probably crash. Tomorrow, I think I'll put up a sort of FAQ, to answer some of the questions that I haven't addressed yet. I haven't received any questions, but that doesn't mean there aren't any. Whatever I know, I'll answer. Goodnight!