5:47 pm Central Daylight Time, somewhere in the Alpha Centauri system, wherever that is..

I'm still coming to terms with everything I've absorbed in the past couple of days. Just got back from a 8 hour debriefing with Xavier at the beach. If it wasn't for the information I was being presented with, I would've been fixated on the water all day. As it was, I still gazed at it most of the time. I probably appeared distant and unattentive. I was paying attention alright, it's just hard to keep ones eyes off of such a spectacle. Shimmering blue crystal clear water. I saw whales, I saw dolphins, and I saw other things that I had never seen before. I'm pretty sure I saw a giant eagle (with no legs) jump out of the water a couple of hundred feet out, open it's span, and then glide quite a distance before plunging back into the depths. I'll probably research some marine biology on the terminal here after I finish up with today's entry.

I'm gonna go back to the beginning here. I obviously should've covered this yesterday, but I hope you can forgive the fact that my mind is a jumbled mess. The "beings" I'm with are called Omicrons. I quote "beings," just because of the simple fact that they're not from Earth. But appearance wise, they're human. 100%. They look exactly like we do. If I'm remembering Xavier right, the only physiological differences between us and them, are that their immune systems are far stronger than ours, that their aging process (and lifespan) is about 3 times longer than ours is, and that women only go through an ovulation cycle (and can only get pregnant) once every 10 years. They're also telepathic, if you consider that to be physiological, but they usually communicate by speech. I'll get to the telepathic stuff in a moment.

The Omicrons inhabit dozens of planets in our galaxy, spread out across multiple solar systems. We're heading for Omicron Persei VIII, as they call it, because that's where everyone on this ship is from. It's in the Persei system (makes sense), and I've been told that it'll take a couple of months to get there, give or take, depending on travel conditions.

Earth is known to the greater Omicron community as Omicron Epsilon III. Third planet of the Epsilon system, or our solar system in other words. Me, you, every human on Earth.... we're not human. We're Omicrons. This is where the details are gonna get scattered, because I probably won't remember everything I've heard yet (I blame it on my partying days), and I'll need some time to study. But long story short, Earth was scouted for possible inhabitation 5 billion years ago. About 4.8 billion years ago, it was inhabited. A fleet of ten thousand ships arrived. They brought along thousands of species of animals, and also various technologies, which would put anything on Earth today to shame. They built themselves a little paradise, and for hundreds of thousands of years, everything was shiny. But 2 billion years ago, a catastrophic system-wide event occured, wiping out almost every form of life, on every planet in the solar system. To this day, nobody knows what the event was. The Omicrons elsewhere were helpless to react, as whatever this event was, cut off all communications. It also made travel to the Epsilon system impossible. They never stopped trying though, and about, let's see here.... a week ago, they were finally able to make contact with somebody. For those of you with short attention spans, yes, that somebody would be me.

So how did it all go down? At the risk of sounding like a nutjob, they contacted me in a dream. In fact, it was Xavier. I couldn't tell you what I was dreaming about before, but I still vividly remember whatever it was being interrupted. This surfer looking guy wearing really weird clothes appearing out of nowhere. He seemed just as startled as I was for a second. Then he looked at me. His eyes bulged out, and his jaw dropped. Then he started crying. Practically bawling, actually. I asked him what was wrong, and he just said "We found you" over, and over again. I let him calm down (took about 5 minutes), and then I asked him what he meant by "they found me." He said, "Brother, you have no idea how long we've been waiting for this!" Again, I asked him what the hell he was talking about. He then apologized for being unprepared, and said that he would visit me again the next night. After he vanished, I woke up, thinking it was just another one of my strange dreams.

Obviously it wasn't, and he was back the next night. And every night beyond that, up until our actual meeting a couple of days ago. Each night, he had given me a little more information, and each night, he seemed more and more excited. He told me the story I just told you. I've been sort of cynical most of my life, not really trusting much of anything at it's face value. But for some reason, and I couldn't explain it at the time, I had absolutely no doubt that he was telling the truth. I've since recently learned that I've evolved into what they are, and I did the first moment I saw Xavier in that dream. In other words, I have telepathic capabilities. I can read their thoughts and intentions, just as they can read mine. I still find it very uncomfortable, as I've always been a rather private person. I don't like the idea of my thoughts being public domain. Luckily, everyone here has been pretty understanding of that, and aside from direct conversations, I haven't sensed the connection of another.

As it turns out, I didn't sleep a wink last night, so I'm going on nearly 4 days without. The only positive that comes out of that, is that my eyelids feel like they have 10 ton anvils on them right now, and I think I could probably fall asleep on the terrace here. So, I think I will. I know there's a lot more to cover, but it'll just have to wait until tomorrow.