Hey hey! So ummm, yeah, we just finished up a jaunt through a wormhole that took us 4 quadrillion miles away, as well as 5 years into the future. Why? I don't know. But in the meantime, it's my understanding that while this trip only took us about an hour, 9 months or so on Earth have passed. What are the chances?

I'm also at a loss as to how I can still blog, and have it show up in 2010 back home, but I've been assured that is the case. But if I can do that, why can't I just post back to October 2009? Stupid perplexing universal laws.

So let's see, Xav just showed me something on the terminal that essentially caught me up on things back home. I'm not sure how it simultaneously records events on what basically amounts to 2 seperate planes of the 4th dimension. Actually, a more accurate statement would be that I'm not sure if any of the physics classes I took back home were worth a damn. Regardless, I've spent the past few minutes catching up. I saw earthquakes. I saw a pretty spectacular lookin' volcanic eruption in Iceland. Amazingly, I saw Spain win the World Cup. But even more disturbing than that, I saw that an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico exploded, and that oil is still gushing into it to this day (I know this because Xav told me authorities were lying about it being contained). This saddens me a great deal. I don't think a few drops of oil in any body of water is a good thing, let alone hundreds of millions of gallons. Methinks that is a wound that won't be scarring itself anytime soon, and I'll be curious to follow future developments.

I can't help but wonder... am I 38 now? Did the 5 year jump fast forward my biological clock, as well as my calender? I'll have to check into that. In fact, I need to go check into that right now. So uhhh, sorry for the 9 month gap, but I promise there won't be another one like that. Unless we go through another wormhole, in which case I'll make sure to get advance warning. Ciao!