4:28am Central Daylight Time, somewhere in the Sigma Vox system

Sorry for being AWOL, folks. My head's back in the game for the most part, but I guess a nasty neutron storm prohibited most forms of outgoing terminal transmissions. I watched this storm for awhile yesterday, and it certainly did look nasty. Space basically resembled a massive inferno. For a brief moment, I wondered if these people were bringing me to hell. I have no idea how we weren't wiped out by this, but Xavier tells me that they're just minor nuisances. Guess I'll have to take his word for it.

I spent a lot of time on the observation deck the day before as well, and I simply can't put it's...well, awesomeness, into words! We walked back to the disappearing door, and of course, it reappeared as we approached it. When it opened, I almost fell on my ass! The door appeared to open directly into space. But if you remember, the entire hull of the ship is completely transparent. Even so, I was hesitant as I stepped out, but that's just something I'll have to get used to. I looked around, and in all directions, except for behind me of course, all I could see was space. Stars of various sizes and shades sprinkled around, abstract splashes of different colors, and most of all, a whole lot of black. I was literally stupefied on the spot, with my mouth hanging open. After a moment of gawking, Xavier kindly told me I was drooling, and I snapped out of my trance. He walked further out, about 10 feet, and as he approached it, the vicinity of the hull he was walking toward started to faintly glow. Must be a proximity safeguard. Xavier placed a hand on the hull, and said "magnify." Everything out there, all around us, started to zoom in rapidly. I lost my equilibrium, and this time I actually did fall on my ass! Xavier laughed, and said that I'd also get used to that. I decided to stay sitting down for awhile. In fact, I had actually backed up so that I was sitting up against the ship. Just knowing there was something there supporting me helped a bit. And I'm glad I did, because the crazy stuff was about to start up again.

Xavier asked me what I wanted to see. Naturally, my first reaction was "home." He placed his hand on the hull again, and said "Omicron Epsilon III, zoom level alpha." So now, not only did everything start to zoom in again, but everything was spinning. After a moment, Earth came into view, as if we were in it's orbit. Absolutely amazing. I saw the pacific ocean, and the west coasts of the US, Mexico, and South America. It looked like there was a hurricane not far off the coast of Mexico. Hope you guys didn't get hit too hard. I just sat there and stared for a awhile. Tried to notice the clouds moving, checking to see if I could catch the hint of a lightning strike from the hurricane. I wasn't sure if I was feeling homesick, since it hadn't been that long since I'd left. But it did feel strange looking at it, knowing how far away from it we actually were. After about half an hour, I was ready to go back in, so we did. I still felt like being alone, so I politely told Xavier, and walked back to my quarters. It feels funny calling a seaside villa "quarters," but, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I guess it's something I'll have to get used to.

After getting back, I decided to finally check out some of the basics of Omicron history. Man, where to start.. First of all, these people have been around for 15 septillion years! In case you're sitting there thinking your eyesight is going bad, it's not. I said septillion. If you're better with numbers than with words, that's 15,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years. I'm almost going retarded here trying to comprehend that. And how did they come to be? Simple! They were the product of a science project. A person (thing?) by the name of Maximilian (that's the Omicrons name for him), who is a Comes Comitas (a race that the Omicrons are allied with to this day. they sort of resemble upright panda bears), basically whipped them up with a chemistry set, and won the equivalent of a galactic science fair. Sounds perfectly reasonable, huh?

I probably don't have to tell you that I haven't had the time to go over 15 septillion years of history yet. In fact, I didn't really get much farther than that. In order to prevent myself from going insane, I've decided to take everything in small doses. So after that, it was back to my home away from home within a home, and I took a good, long dip in the sea. After awhile, I had an idea, and it ended up working. I summoned a terminal, and queued me up a boat! And not just any boat, it was a freakin' small yacht! I remember grinning from ear to ear as I pulled myself up onto the deck. So, since then, I've just been sailing and fishing. Just returned about an hour ago. It was needed, and I feel a lot better. I should probably give Xav a buzz and see if anything's new, so I'm gonna sign off for now. Barring any new hellish firestorms, I'm sure I'll be back with an entry tomorrow.